Tuesday, March 6, 2012

6 month update

Friday will mark 24 weeks of pregnancy, i.e. SIX MONTHS! That feels like an accomplishment for some reason. The second trimester is flying by.

I've never been so sane in my life. Seriously. I'm going to miss the pregnancy hormones that make me  rational human being. Example: This morning as I was getting onto the elevator at work, a woman saw me and said, "well aren't you just so cute?!" Normally I'd backhand someone who spoke to me in a tone that should be reserved for speaking to small children dressed in ridiculous outfits. But instead I smiled and said thank you, and I meant it. Genuinely. I didn't assume this woman was condescending and deserving of a punch to the throat. I don't even know who I am anymore.

Anyway, here's how I look now:

(Stop judging my 1970s era, messy master bathroom.)

Babies are moving around more in a way that I can feel them. It's pretty awesome because I remember that they're in there. (Otherwise I forget I'm pregnant and just feel like I've had a big lunch.) Zach had his ear against my belly the other evening (because he's sure they're conspiring against us, and he wanted to eavesdrop... totally normal) and one of them punched him. Not hard (they're less than 1.5 lbs each, after all), but enough that his suspicions were confirmed.

Oh, speaking of kids with attitudes, some movies NOT to watch while expecting: Rosemary's Baby, The Omen, and We Need to Talk About Kevin.  SPOILER ALERT re: We Need to Talk About Kevin: Kevin is a d*ck. Like a shoot-up-his-school  kind of a-hole. And it all started when he was an a-hole baby who wouldn't stop screaming. I sat in the theater terrified, rubbing my belly, silently willing my unborn children not to be a-holes. (I'm sorry for not typing the whole word, but this is a family blog, ok? You can say "a-hole" to kids, right? No? Damn. Darn.)

I totally got off-topic there, and I'm not sure what I even intended to post about when I started this, so I REALLY don't know how to end this post, so... THE END.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, you are TOTALLY THE CUTEST PREGNANT LADY EVER. I'm saying that because it's true and also because you won't punch me for saying it (right?)

    Second of all, I have a little gift for the sea monkeys so we have to hang out soon so I can give it to you. (Because the key to making babies like you or at least not kill you is to buy them gifts early and often.)

    ReplyDelete